Maximum rows in excel exceeded for COVID-19 tests data file

Hi,
The csv excel download of COVID-19 tests now exceeds the maximum numbers of rows allowed in an excel sheet and returns an error message. Could you provide a second sheet, or an alternative solution?

Thanks,
Shane

Hi,
I also tried downloading just as a .csv file and this worked. However it’s missing about 200,000 test results and the max() test_date via the .csv download is only up until 25th June, so is a number of weeks behind.

If this data was up-to-date then I think this would solve the excel issue for me.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

For now, the easiest way would be to preview the data within the data portal. You can do that here: https://data.nsw.gov.au/data/dataset/nsw-covid-19-tests-by-location/resource/945c6204-272a-4cad-8e33-dde791f5059a

If you wish to access the data in Excel, I’d recommend opening the data as a text file (any processor like Notepad will work) and then copying the data you wish to see into a new file.

I’ll explore formatting the data in an alternative way.

Thanks Lance. I tried that out but the data stops on 25th June and hasn’t been updated since then. I’m really looking for the recent up-to-date data set, which the excel download was providing perfectly up until it hit the ~1 million row limit last week.

I’m only actually interested in 2 LHD’s - X850 and X860. Could a filter be applied to the Excel download instead?

Shane

Hi,

For a resolution for now I’ve downloaded in the TSV format and just saved away in WordPad and then BCP’ed into our SQL Server table. Seems to work.

Thanks,
Shane

© Data.NSW